Effective: October 10, 2011
You may provide the following types of information:
- User information. Once you install the Software, we may collect information about your use of Flixster Collections and the features of the Software (e.g., titles in your Collections, your interests, your ratings and recommendations, your interactions with others, and your opinions).
- Third party sites and services (such as select partners and social media):
- The Software enables you to access third party services, which are governed by their respective privacy policies, including, but not limited to those of: Google; Facebook and Videosurf. You can also use Flixster Collections to use or purchase video content from a variety of sources. Where the content is provided by a third party source (such as iTunes®), those services are governed by their respective privacy policies and terms.
- Other sites and services. If you choose to use Flixster Collections to access a third party site or service (such as, Netflix™), such sites or services may provide us with ongoing access to personally identifiable and other information collected about you, including your name and email address, as well as information about your use of and interest in their products, programs, and services (such as, entertainment selections or rental history).
- Social media. If you choose to use Flixster Collections to access social networking services (such as Facebook), we may collect, on an ongoing basis, personally identifiable and other information about you, including your social network account ID, email address, profile pictures, and lists of friends (if created).
- Managing video titles. When you register, Flixster Collections collects information about the video titles you interact with using the Software or information about what you have purchased and/or stored on your computer.
- Statistics, diagnostics, and aggregate data. In addition, we may collect statistics concerning titles you have downloaded and/or viewed and other interactions with Flixster Collections and third-party sites and services, as well as certain diagnostic information related to the Software's installation, performance and ability to deliver services.
We use the information you provide about yourself to help you take advantage of Flixster Collections features; to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services; to respond to your inquiries about our offerings; and to offer you other products, programs, or services from us and select partners that we believe may be of interest to you. As you use your registered Software, we may use information you provide for certain purposes, including:
- Indexing your collection. Flixster Collections allows you to organize and manage video titles in a central location. As you build your Collections, we continually index the Collections to help you organize and manage your titles.
- Personalizing the service. We use information collected through Flixster Collections for such purposes as providing recommendations and/or offers for movies, TV shows, or other content; presenting you with discounts and other offers; personalizing services to better reflect your interests; responding to your requests for services; and otherwise enhancing our offerings.
- Purchased video content. When you acquire a license to use video content (whether for free or through a purchase) through one of our services, personally identifiable information collected in connection with such licenses may be combined with information collected through Flixster Collections to enhance our ability to offer products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Sharing data with select partners. Consistent with your choices, we may share personally identifiable information with select content providers to enable them to directly offer you additional products and services.
- Sharing aggregate/anonymous data. We may provide aggregated analyses of user activities and/or user Collections, on an anonymous basis, to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties. We also may use and disclose, on an anonymous basis, information regarding user ratings and/or recommendations of movies and TV shows, as well as aggregated user interests and use of content, products, and services.
When people become your friends, you can share certain information with them in Flixster Collections. Unless you choose to make the information private, people who become your friends can see titles you add to your Collections, your ratings and recommendations, others who have become your friends, and other information related to your interactions with Flixster Collections. To control what others can see, you can change your preferences in your Account settings.
- Marketing preferences. You also have the following choices regarding the receipt of marketing materials
from us and select content providers:
- At any time, you can request that we discontinue sending emails with special offers or promotional materials by choosing the unsubscribe link in those emails.
- In addition, if you have allowed us to share your information with select content providers and other partners so that you can receive email marketing directly from them, and you would like to change your preferences regarding such sharing, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Uninstalling the Software. If you uninstall Flixster Collections, digital downloads of titles purchased from third parties stored on your computer before you installed the Software may remain on your computer, but they will no longer be accessible through the Software. However, you can continue to play these digital downloads through authorized media players. Remember, purchases from Flixster Collections will not be accessible without using Flixster Collections with the same registered account you used for your purchases.
- Canceling your Account. If you no longer wish Flixster Collections to collect information, or you would like to delete your account, you can cancel your account by going to http://collections.flixster.com/account-delete. Please note that after your request has been processed, some information may still reside on our systems or may continue to be visible to others in certain circumstances.
For other information, please see the following pages: